9.16.13.


How are you all doing? Sounds like you are all doing really well. I am super happy for you. I pray everyday for you guys. I hope you know that. I also pray everyday that you can always have spiritual experiences. I hope that you are all looking for them throughout your day and I would love it if you could share them with me. I love you all so much. And thank you for all the support and love that you have always showed me.

I am LOVING Mar Del Plata!!! It been raining like everyday. And the weather seems pretty tropical. It is very touristic. It´s crazy here. It is definitely bigger than General Cerri. I´m pretty sure its bigger than Bahía Blanca. But I am in a ward now and we are 5 missionaries in the Caisamar ward. Its great. Elder Perez and I cover only a section of the ward but still our section is still bigger that General Cerri (Like 4 times bigger) and its so big that the muscle in my chins are sore and they have grown a lot since I have been here. But today I'm going to take it easy and rest.

 Elder Perez is great he has like 6 months in the mission. Because he had to wait sometime in Mexico to receive his visa as well. Elder Perez is from Oaxaca, Mexico. He is only 18 but he is turning 19 in a week( Sept 23). He is such a great teacher and everyone just loves him. People just don't know how to say no to him. Its wonderful. We are teaching a lot of people and the youth are going to appointments with us. Its really cool.

So one day Elder Perez and I were trying to find some new people to teach, right? We were in a poorer neighborhood and then we looked on the other side of the bridge and the really rich people and big houses are over there. We just finished talking to a man that was telling us how him and his family were living in the street(homeless) and they didn´t have anything to each or anything. And that there was 2 times that him and his wife almost died of hunger. Just really terrible experiences. Super sad. and then As I was explaining we crossed the bridge and one of the first houses we went to a man answered and we explained that we were representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ and he said that he was atheist and that the people on the others ide of the bridge need us more. It made me really sad and it hurt to hear that for so many reasons. But Just to let you know in my area we have super poor and super rich. Its a mix of everything.

So Last Monday we had found a family in the house of a member(Ward mission leader). And we shared the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We put a lot of emphasis on the family. and they excepted to book of Mormon and to pray about it. they a few days passed by and we went by the member´s home and the mom came out and she explained that the family we were teaching were about to separate but that they felt to Spirit and that the mom really likes the book of Mormon. And if I heard right the she told us that the mom receive an answer that it is true. And now tonight we have a Family Home Evening with both families. We are super excited but we are super bummed because the member told us that they live in different ward boundaries.

Well I have got to go. My time has run out. I love you all and I miss you a ton. I can´t wait till Next week to hear from y´all. Have a BLESSED WEEK now!

Love Y´all,
Siempre Y Para Siempre,
Elder Colton Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment