1.28.13.


What are y´all up to? And how are you all doing? I am doing great. The work is going great especially this week. We found quite a few new investigators and we even had 5 of them come to church. Miracles. When Elder Vaterlaus was here we only had one Sunday without investigators but I am making it a goal to always have at least one investigator at church. I am loving it here. Oh and yes Jennyfer´s mom is the one that needs to get married before she can be baptized. 
So I have to tell I am over coming my fears like I told you and doing things that I wouldn´t imagine myself doing in a million years. Well of course they aren´t bad things or anything that goes against the commandments. But on Saturday we were eating with members and we had chorizo and potatos(cut into cubes and mixed with mayo and peas). Well the chorizo here is not spicy at all its just like a sausage. but anyways we were passing the chorizo around so everyone could get one and Elder Searle told me to take one of the these dark(pretty much black) chorizos because there were only two left so I did. I didn´t think anything about it and then I realized after I cut it that it was blood sausage. It was so gross but the first bite was the worst. Of course I ate it all. Then yesterday we were outside and it was really hot outside and I needed water and I was just hoping that maybe we could teach someone and they will offer or someone will just offer. So we contacted this man and he was very nice and well one of the first things that he did was offer water. Super nice guy. and so He opened his fridge and pulled out this 2 Liter bottle of water and he just took of the cap and handed it to us. And you have to know that this is a bottle that he has drunken out of before and probably multiple times. But we just took it and drank from it. You couldn´t say no. But sharing really isn´t that big of a deal anymore. I am pretty sure a lot of the cups I drink out of at other people´s housed aren´t washed. Haha. So if you would please send those vitamins that would be wonderful.Thanks 
Oh one day we did service too! Let´s just say in the states we are very blessed to have the things that we have especially all the technology as tractors and such. Well a man was making a drive way of some sort so he needed to raise the level of the dirt but the think is he had a lot of the dirt moved but I think normally tractors run over the dirt to compact it but they don't really really don't have those here. So we pounded and compacted the dirt with a thingy. It was a big have pol and then it had like a square base. it was good hard work. Two blisters and two noodley arms and almost a free lunch was my reward but we already lunch waiting for us at a members house.
I really do love my mission and I couldn´t image my life without it. I know this is the Lord´s work. I know that the path that God has prepared for us is simple. All that He asks is that we keep His commandments. And I love that because its so uncomplicated. Well I love y´all a ton and I look forward to hearing from you all soon. I miss you! I hope that you all have a BLESSED WEEK NOW!
Love Y´all,
Siempre Y Para Siempre,
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment