11.6.2012.

How are y'all doing? I am doing great. I am loving everything right now. My companion is a Capo. Capo isn't actually a Spanish word. It's Castillano. I don't know if you remember me telling y'all that here in Argentina they don't speak Spanish. But it's very similar. They have made up a lot of their own words here and Capo is one of them. Capo actually means "good person." If you say you are a Capo at soccer, it just means that they are a great soccer player. Haha but anyways enough of that. My companion has been on his mission for 21 months so he is almost done. 11 more weeks. But I am going to work him hard. I don't know what else to say about him except that he is probably one of the most positive people I have ever met and that doesn't let anything get him down. His faith is incredible and he never doubts and never allows room for doubt. He speaks Spanish very well but he does love to speak English every moment that he can.  Which I have to say that it's nice. I'm still not used to that. Haha! 

So one day was really awesome. So we were going to an investigators house for an appointment and we had to walk about 45 minutes or so. But as soon as we got there, they didn't answer. So we decided to contact some potential investigators and still, no luck. But then as we were walking by a house, Elder Vaterlaus asked if I had ever knocked this door and I looked at it and then told him that I don't remember and I told him that I had a bad memory. Don't forget all of this  is in Spanish-haha. But anyways, he said that is a blessing and he started for the door. We knocked it and a man answered and we talked a bit at his door. We asked if we could come in and share with him our message. He allowed us and we had a great lesson and a member was with us so it was even better. And he told us that he has a lot of health problems. And toward the end of the lesson, his wife walked in the door with his daughter and she stood by him and we invited him to be baptized and he excepted. Then right at teh end he said, "Did you know that when I was a young man I went to your church with some of my friends?" And he said, "You are the first religious people I allowed in my home." It really was amazing! Then the other day the doctors told him that he possibly has cancer. I believe that he is supposed to find out today his test results. He really is a special guy and has a great family.

Another miracle this week! So Sunday morning we didn't see any investigators at church so we decided we would go and round up the ones that lived close and we didn't have any luck again. But after priesthood and Sunday School--Because we have those first--a member pulled us into the hall and introduced us to a young girl (21 years old). So we found out that a pass-along card that we gave to her grandparents, she found it just lying around that house and she went to mormon.org website and there she started to talk to the missionaries and was receiving the lessons for about a month! But within the first minute, she said the missionaries online told me that I could be baptized for the 24th of this month and she asked if that was still alright. Of course that was alright. And so after the ward just loved her and took care of her and invited her to sit with them and it was just a great fast and testimony meeting. I know that it is important that we talk to everyone that we can, even if it's just giving them a card. I know that as we put forth our effort and do as the Lord expects, He will provide a way and perform miracles in our lives beyond what we can imagine. 

Well I have run out of time. I love y'all so much and I am grateful for every one of you and for all the prayers.I am sending my prayers your way as well. I love being a missionary and I love seeing the Atonement work well in my life as it does in the lives of others that are willing to make the necessary changes in their lives. Well I hope y'all have a blessed week! 

Love Y'all,
Siempre Y Para Siempre,
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment