11.19.12.

How are y'all doing?  I sure hope that you are all doing great. I sure am. 
I am so glad to hear from you. I want you to know that you don't have to worry 
about how I am eating. I think I have gained weight. I first gained weight in the MTC
and then in my first area in South Carolina I lost it and last I checked, I gained 13 
pounds since I left home. So don't worry about my eating. The members are feeding us in 
Punta Alta. And I eat a lot of past and rice. By the way, I learned how to cook rice for the first time on the stove. I just have to say that I am a pro ;)

 But before I forget, I forgot to wish Chris & Kara Happy Birthday last week! I feel terrible about that. And today is actually Elder Vaterlaus's birthday. He is officially 21! And today, he has been on his mission for 22 months. All of my companions are so old. Haha!

So Mom....Dad...I have something I want to tell you. It's nothing bad, don't worry. But I want you to know that I think I know what I want to do after the mission. I think I want to be a fighter pilot. I have been thinking about it for awhile now, but I didn't know really want to say anything but I think it will be good. And plus, I just don't want you to be too shocked later. 

So the people here are hilarious. I know that sometimes that when the weather changes, people get sick, but the thing that is funny, is even when the weather isn't changing, they claim that they are sick because the weather is changing. It is pretty ridiculous but it makes me laugh. The weather really determines everything here. haha! Oh and people get so excited over some of the silliest things. I will just have to tell you some other time about that.

As missionaries, we aren't supposed to talk about politics, but up until elections, it seems like all the members here have been rooting for you know who. And they say he will be a better President. I don't know but I just think that it is funny that the majority of Mormons are Republican.

I got some exciting news! We have a baptism this next weekend and let me tell you that she is way solid. I know that things can always go wrong, but she has been doing everything and she has a testimony. Yes, it's the young girl that is 21 and is so so excited to be baptized. I can't even tell you how much animo I have right now. She has been telling everyone about the church and she has even brought a friend to church twice. And I am pretty sure that he will be getting baptized too. The bishop loves them and so does the entire ward. They are all soo soo excited. I just pray that everything will continue to go smooth. This could be my first baptism here in Argentina!

Honestly, we didn't get to work too much this week because Elder Vaterlaus got the flu or something. He had a fever of 101 and throwing up and all that fun stuff. So we were in the house for three days this week and on the fourth day (Friday), we were taking it easy because he was pretty weak. But we did have a pretty good week for the time that we did get to work. 

Well I got to get going. I am sorry this is so short. My time is running out. I know this is the Lord's work and I am loving it. I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for everyone of His children. I am GRATEFUL for the opportunity I have to be here proclaiming the gospel the God's children here in Argentina! And I am grateful to have a great support system cheering me on back at home. I love y'all and miss y'all too. Make it a BLESSED week! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! By the way, they don't celebrate that here so enjoy the delicious food for me! ;) 

Love Y'all,
Siempre Y Para Siempre,
Elder Schroeder
PS I hope you know that I was just kidding about being a fighter pilot. I couldn't leave y'all hanging for a whole week. I just say that because everyone has been telling me that my whole mission. But who knows, it's a possibility. ;) Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment