7.30.2012.


How are y'all doing?! It is so good to hear from you. It sure sounds like everything is going well at home. I cant believe all the things that are happening. I haven't heard anything on my visa yet but that's okay. I have fallen in love with this mission. I know there is a reason I am here even though I am not quite sure why that is quite yet. I am doing really great though!!! The Spanish is still coming along little by little. It is frustrating at times because I can't way what I want but I know that it will come.

That's funny that you say you don't think you have ever seen Trevor so tan. I feel like I haven't been this tan that I am now since we lived in AZ. I forget that you say there is a heart on my head when I get my hair cut.

So this week has been great turns out that I am pretty sure that this last Friday was my best day out on the mission. So many great things happened. We were able to just be bold but loving with these people that we taught and pretty much just called them all to repent and get on their knees and pray out loud for forgiveness and it was amazing to see how willing people are and how fast people can be humbled after we visit with them.

Another experience we had but before I tell you I want to tell you a little background about this couple. They were actually found and taught by my last companion Elder Wood over a year ago. they lived with the lady's parents before and they had a pool and she and her husband's first child together,a little girl had drowned. And the lady had children from a previous relationship. The husband lost his job and they felliel into deep depression. Then their 3 older children were taken away. But the missionaries found them and helped them through a lot and they were eventually baptised. Now it has been a year later. They live in a trailer, the husband is working again and they are expecting a new baby boy anyday. They are suppose to get their children back next month. They are so excited for all these great things that are happening. But the husband has a problem with smoking and really wants to stop before the children come home and the baby comes. So I was asked to give him a blessing. It was the first time I have ever given a blessing and it was in Spanish too! It was incredible short and simple but I have never felt the Spirit work through me like that. I has definitely helped me to realize even more the power of the priesthood and how real it is. I know that La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santo De Los Ultimos Dias is Christ's church and that we really are given the authority to act in Christ's name. When I finished the husband was just bawling and said, "I feel like my baby is in my arms." I am so grateful to be a part of this.

I am sorry I have ran out of time but I am doing great I love y'all so much and I hope that y'all have another blessed week! I pray for y'all every day!

Love Y'all,
Forever and Always,
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment