Sharing Time

Sorry, just saying sometimes it's hard to find time in the day to do this. I am trying to get started up again. So this morning I read in Alma 22 and this chapter was about Aaron teaching  king Lamoni's father. I love this chapter. My favorite verse in this chapter is after Aaron teaches Lamoni's father about the Plan of Salvation starting with the creation and ending with the redemption of Christ. And this is when Lamoni's father is pleading with God.

Alma 22:18
"O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead."

My favorite phrase in this verse: "...I will give away all my sins to know thee...". I just find this amazing how great king Lamoni's father's faith really is. I really admire him. This really is a truly humble man and I hope that could come to tell myself that everyday for the rest of my life and that those who I one day will teach!!!

I actually have some news, I got a month long calling! haha. Well it doesn't really have an official title but I now am one of the Young Men Supervisors for mutual and help out where ever I can. Since I wont be in town for very many Sundays, I only help out on Tuesday nights. I am pretty excited though and this is my first calling!!! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment