Immunizations and Frustrations!


So yesterday was an interesting day, it started off by me going to get my IMMUNIZATIONS!!! That's one less stress out of the way.


This was my nurse, Pat Fletcher, she was such a sweet lady! She gave me that cool Spider man sticker for doing so good when she gave me my shots.


She gave me some cool band aids too! A bright orange one and two Tazz band aids!

Then that afternoon, my mom pasted out in the bathroom and hit her head on the tub, bruised her knee and hurt her shoulder. I don't know what I'm going to do with that lady. She worries me so much. I hope when it's my time to leave for the MTC she will be alright.

Thursday, my mom got an CAT scan and an MRI because she has been so shaky, her hearing is getting worse and worse, she passes out, and she's not very stable when she's trying to get around. We are suppose to hear back from the doctor on Monday. And this morning as I was waiting for the sauna to heat up I walked into my parents room because I thought I heard my Dad and I thought he had work today, I guess I didn't have work today but anyways he told me to come sit on the edge of the bed, so we could talk. And he told me, "Whatever we hear on Monday from the doctor, don't change your plans." It breaks my heart to hear these words, especially coming from my Dad because to me it sound like he is preparing for the worst. Sometimes I ask myself, why does this have to happen to me and my family and why now! I might even be jumping to conclusions. I just feel numb sometimes with all the worry and stress that I have experienced over the last 10 months.


And for those who don't know my mom was diagnose with Burkitt's lymphoma on March 14, 2011. She had to have chemotherapy for just over 4 months with 7 treatments and each treatment lasted a week long. She would sometimes be in the hospital 1 1/2-2 weeks and the first treatment she had she was there for 3 weeks. These were definitely trying times for me and my family trying to be optimistic and have hope that everything would be alright.


Then on August 21, 2011 we receive some great news, my mother's cancer was in remission! In September, she started radiation to make sure the cancer would be gone for good. Radiation went well but we knew it would take time for my mom to get back her strength, energy, and hair. haha. The truth is when people ask me how my mother is doing I tell them she is doing pretty good but most of the time it's a lie. I am just sick of telling people bad news all the time and it wares on me.

Everyday is a challenge, but I try to do my best to keep my chin up and try to go forward with faith. But whatever we hear from the doctor, I am not going to change my plans, I am going to go on this mission no matter what because this is what I am suppose to do. My mom and I have actually talked about this countless times and they were all "eye full of tear" moments. Sometimes I denied that I would leave her if she was sick but I know it's one of the best things I can do. The Lord will take care of my mom and my family as serve Him! I know I shouldn't talk this way but if something happens to her while I'm gone. I know she will be watching over me and be with me encouraging me along the way! :)


I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment