Scripture Sharing!

So when I was attending high school at Idaho Falls High School I attended seminary. Seminary was by far my favorite class starting my Junior year partly because I decided to change my attitude and I started to soften my heart and open my mind and pay attention. As I found myself sitting in seminary and actually paying attention I was starting to feel the Spirit. Then after that one thing was happening after another like I started praying and I started reading my scriptures (specifically the Book of Mormon because that's what we were studying). Everyday we would be asked if anyone had anything they would like to share what they learned from their scripture study from the night before and nobody would really ever share and it would seem like the longest 20 seconds of my life waiting for nothing. So that's when it hit me maybe I wasn't really getting anything out of the scriptures because I wasn't looking for anything specific and I made it a goal as I studied my scriptures I would look for something new and share it in seminary. And that is the moment I lived for everyday during the rest of my high school experience. This changed my life and the way I looked at life. I was sharing the gospel everyday and no wonder I was always on a spiritual high! And the funny thing is that's what I'll be doing for the next 2 years!!!

So I have decided that since I don't have seminary to share a scripture everyday I am going to try and use my blog to help build me up again and hopefully I can help those of you that read my blog with a spiritual thought.


So I was reading in Alma 17 and it talks of Alma the Younger and the Sons of Mosiah meet up again after several years. Then they all go there separate ways preaching to the Lamanites. And then you read an epic story about Ammon becoming a servant to King Lamoni, but I wont go into it. You'll just have to read it.

In verse 2 and 3 it talks about when Alma met up with the Sons of Mosiah and how after several years "they were still his brethren in the Lord." They were such good missionaries they studied their scriptures regularly, prayed and fasted often and because of these things they had the spirit of prophecy, the spirit of revelation, and taught with the power and authority of God.

To me that is just so cool to know that as we live our lives the way we are suppose to, we are are promised blessings in return. And as a future missionary these blessing will mean more to me. I hope the people I preach to, and the companions I have, and friends I make throughout my mission and life I can say they were still my brethren in the Lord!

Another verse I enjoyed is verse 11:
"And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." 

Yes, right now it seems like they are all missionary scriptures, but I find it really cool because the Lord told me that I am going to to serve a mission and that I will go forth among the people of Argentina and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that its not going to be easy but I know it's going to be worth it and as I strive to be a good example as a disciple of Christ I will be in instrument in the Lord's hands and help bring people to the knowledge of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Colt, GOOD FOR YOU! This post was so so good. You're one spiritual man. I know Trevor looks up to you like MAD. Thanks for sharing your testimony. Ya never know who is gonna need it at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colton, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your scripture sharing in Seminary. I was never the best at reading my scriptures until that semester and then because of how much you shared, it inspired me to make sure I read every day so that I could share in class. It changed my whole outlook that semester and ever since then, I'm so much better at reading my scriptures. All thanks to you! :) So thank you so much. You are going to be an incredible missionary.

    ReplyDelete